Jul 27, 2015

Penny Black Watercolored Blossoms Card

Card 1
 I'm playing with Penny Black stamps this week and created this lovely watercolored blossoms card for the monthly challenge at PB All Sorts.  This month's challenge was to use a sentiment.  I borrowed these beautiful Penny Black stamps from my sweet Mother's collection - THANKS MOM!  ;0  I'm trying to do some new things with my cardmaking, and the process is stretching me a bit, so bear with me as I grow these new muscles.  Ha!
card 2
 I embossed the flower in white and went over it with watercolor inks.
card 4
 I made some flicks with the brush and gave it a spotty look.  I stamped a Penny Black sentiment stamp over the image in Memories Soft Stone Shadow Ink for added texture.
card 5
 I left the layers rather loose at the ends, trying to create more dimensional work.
card 6
 While I was playing around I smooshed some ink onto scrap paper and created the side stripe.  Stamped another Penny Black vine stamp onto it in green and layered it onto a second card.  This sticker was calling to me, so I used it on the second card.
card 7
I've really enjoyed using these Penny Black stamps.  Their elegant and hand drawn stamps were always favorite of ours and I hope the company will continue along this line.  We have used these type of background stamps more than any others over the years.  I'm linking up HERE to the All Sorts challenge blog.  Have a stampin' fantastic day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, two beautiful cards! i love the soft text stamping and the colours you've used on the flowers. thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more.
linda

Mervi said...

Totally gorgeous!
Thank you for sharing your creativity at Penny Black and More Challenge, welcome again, new theme comes on Sunday;-))m

Popular Posts