Sep 8, 2015

Quick and Practically Free DIY Football Wreath

football 1

The idea for this super quick and practically free DIY football wreath came from these lovely flowers that a friend sent to me when I started my new job.  I knew saving the ribbon would come in handy!

flowers

I decided that football season called for a little craft project.  I figured the best way to get a sturdy football shape, without the use of power tools, was to use cardboard.  Besides, who will be able to tell from the road?  We rarely use our front door for entry.
football 2

I drew my shape, then painted with brown craft paint.  Next I penciled in the letters and grip.  I painted them white with a long pointed brush because they hold a lot of paint.

football 3

I used hot glue to attach a string to hang and to attach the bow.  Here it is on my door.  My husband loved it!  To him this is art!  How about you, do you do any fun crafty things for the men in your life?

football 4

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun and creative idea! The chevron bow looks great!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Love it Autumn, cool way use up that beautiful bow!
... and wow big congrats on prize of wonderful stamps over at WAW, how very sweetly blessed are you :D
hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}


Milla said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :) I love your wreath, such a fun idea!

Popular Posts