Sep 5, 2015

Tall and Skinny Fall Pocket Card

card 1
 I designed this tall and skinny pocket card from a store bought greeting card I received and boy was I excited about playing with this unusually shaped card!  Cut a piece of 8 1/2 x 11" cardstock down to 7 x 10 1/2".  Score along the 10 1/2 " side at 3 1/2 and 7"  Fold the first section in and secure to the second section along the open end and bottom.  Leave the top open so you can put your tag inside.  You can punch or cut out an opening to make it easier to pull the tag out if you like.  My tag measures 2 3/4 x 6 1/2".  Easy peasy!
card 2
 I really wanted to play along with Really Reasonable Ribbon's challenge, Things With Wings, but am in die hard fall cardmaking mode.  So I chose this gorgeous peasant paper by Authentique as my backdrop.  The sentiment is one of my first ever stamp purchases about 15 years ago by Stampin' Up!  I always loved it...  I thought it was just funky enough to go with this paper.  I pierced along the edges of the panel with my awl to resemble stitch marks.
card 3
 This double button bow really adds to this card.  RRR has such a great variety of ribbons!  Inside my card I did some simple stamping.  Now that I see this photo, I may go back and color in the leaves on the tag.  Learn and grow, learn again and grow some more!  ;0
card 4
I'm linking up to Really Reasonable Ribbon for their September challenge, Things With Wings HERE.  Happy stamping!

5 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

A beautiful fall card and I love the tall,skinny format.

Susan (rainy) said...

This is really gorgeous! And such a great design. Love it!

Karen Letchworth said...

What an adorable little pocket card. Thanks so much for sharing it in our Things With Wings Challenge, and please stop by to join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Amber Milone said...

Lovely pocket card and the colors are just perfect for fall! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Bonnie Garby said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Popular Posts