Nov 13, 2015

Future Stampers of America Cardmaking

card 1
 I have a very special card to share with you today, made by my very own future stamper of America!  My teenage daughter, Ainsley, spent some time crafting with me the other night.  A rare treat!  We used to stamp together all the time when she was little, but it's been at least a couple of years.
card 2
 Ainsley turned this sketch sideways and followed in her mommy's steps by creating a rustic elegant card.  The snowflake garland was her own very clever idea, as was adding ornaments to the deer's antlers.  Adorable, don't you think?!  Ainsley wants to win the prize at VLV and donate her proceeds to a worth cause...  hmmm... my birthday present!  ;0
sketch
Now for my take...
card 3
 I went with a traditional design and stamped this Merry stamp by Verve in Vivid Cobblestone ink onto a foiled panel.  I used a BG floral embossing folder to give some texture, mixed with this paper it resembles a poinsettia, though I had never thought that before.
card 4
I'm linking us up to VLV for their November Week 1 Sketch challenge HERE.  Won't you play along?  Julee offers such a fabulous prize of $100 to the winner each  month.

10 comments:

Mimi said...

I love both yours and your daughter's cards! Very nice! Both look highly eligible to win! Good luck! I love all the papers on both cards! And I have to say I LOVE the pearly antlers! My mini-mini-me, 7 y.o., did a card for Retro a few weeks ago :) go, girls!

Pamellia said...

Wonderful cards Autumn!! I just love the pearls you added to the deer antlers, so pretty. Wonderful take on the sketch! Happy Saturday. hugs :)

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I would have loved to have a daughter who could craft with me, but I have 2 boys!!!! Your daughter's card is so cute with the snowflake garland and the very cute deer with the pearl ornaments - she is going to become a great card maker - just like mommy!!!!!! Your card is beautiful, Autumn - everything is just perfect - a fave on your blog for me!!!! Gorgeous!!!!
Have a great weekend!!!!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

How wonderful to be creating cards side by side and such beautiful results!
Adore the quirky reindeer on your daughter's card and the rustic elegance of your own creation.
Wishes
Lynne

Lee-Anne said...

Two fabulous cards, Autumn! Your daughter's reindeer card is perfectly adorned with the pearls, while I love the gorgeous paper and texture on yours!

Gio said...

Such a lovely card! I love all the layers and the cutest reindeer!

nwilliams6 said...

Very pretty! You captured the fun feel and colors on the inspiration (how cool you were inspired by your very talented daughter) and I really love both of your cards!!!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous cards, Autumn, and a wonderful way to spend time with your daughter. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, sweetie.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the textured embossing and that beautiful paper.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh goodness, I forgot mention Ainsley's card! So darling! I totally love those pearly accents on the reindeer antlers. And the snowflake garland is so cute. Thanks for playing along Ainsley!

Popular Posts