Dec 14, 2015

Coffee Lovers 12 Tags of Christmas

tag 1

 I am officially caught up with my 12 Tags of Christmas, Funkie Junkie style!  I'll be sharing the last few throughout this week.  Today I wanted to give you a double whammy with this coffee themed tag that I am sharing with the 2015 Winter Coffee Lovers Hop HERE.  I was so inspired by everything in Linda's tag, but didn't want to use the to go cup that I used in my June Tim Holtz tag HERE, so I used an old school "ceramic mug."  I found this free image from the internet, then colored it with Distress Inks.  Linda sells the original die in her shop, The Funkie Junkie Boutique along with so many other amazing goodies!  But if you read my last post, two semi formal dresses, one sweet 16, and Christmas for four kids has me BROKE!  ;0  But Linda has just put some amazing products on clearance, so do check it out if you're a bit more fortunate.

tag 2

 I created the nordic knit background by embossing this great Stampendous stamp in white, then dipping my tag in pools of Evergreen Bough, Salty Ocean, and Chipped Sapphire DI.  I've found that Chipped Sapphire always turns purple when mixed with other blues - weird!  But I loved it here.

tag 2

 My idea all along was to print the mug just big enough to use as a gift card holder, and it worked out.  I used a TH die to cut the word WISHES and mini alpha stamps to stamp the sentiment.  I topped my tag with some DIY Tattered & Torn Ribbon.  To see all of my 12 Tags of Christmas click HERE.

tag 4

I'm linking up with the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style HERE, with SSS for their Tag It challenge HERE, and with TioT for their Snow challenge HERE.  I was also inspired by Day 4 of the Ellen Hutchinson 12 Days of Christmas with a Feminine Twist.  Love that aqua!

38 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is totally fantastic Autumn I love, love those gorgeous colours the Nordic background looks so real like sewing, the ribbon, coffee mug image looks superb
hugs
lorraine x

Hetty said...

Such a beautifultag with goodie!
Your background is beautiful.

rachel said...

love this! it works so well - brilliant make! Hugs rachel x

MaryH said...

That is a fabulous Nordic background with the pure white embossing in this icy blue tone. Great blending of the colors you've used...and looks marvelous with this java cup. Also really like the frayed fabric that matches...a great design. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, TFS & Hugs too.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the background!! It looks amazing!! The colors are beautiful!! I love how you made the cup the gift card holder!! So creative and fabulous!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Beautiful tags, the Nordic design and color is fantastic

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Cool idea using the tag as a card holder. Pretty winter colors you choose. TFS

Sylvia said...

Beautiful gift card holder tag, love everything about it! That ribbon is so cool! Gorgeous stamping! Happy Holiday!

Gail said...

Super gift cardholder - love that paper! Super duper!

Paper Profusion said...

Terrific tag Autumn. Love the clean contrasts and beautiful blue hues. Snap on the chipped sapphire appearing purple! Hope your girls are still getting you that cuppa! Nicola x

Ann said...

Love! I love making tags and adding the gift card is so creative, wonderful inspiration.

Lisa said...

Awesome sweater stamp... I have to check that out! Beautiful tag!

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Autumn! What a fantastic gift card holder. I love it!
~~julia~~

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful tag Autumn. Love those mixed colours in your background.
Blessings
MAxine

brenda said...

Pretty hues of blue Autumn and loving the Nordic background.

B x

sirkkis said...

What a beautiful, creative tag. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT♥

Pamellia said...

Fabulous Autumn! Love the sweater style pattern in the background, such a cozy feeling with the added cup! Great way to hold a gift card! hugs :)

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the pretty sweater pattern and the great color!
Holiday Hugs,
Michele

Connie Mercer said...

gorgeous!!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is a fabulous idea for a gift card holder - I love this tag! The sparkly snowflake is perfect under the cup!

Carol said...

Another fun tag Autumn, do love the jumper background. Carol x

~amy~ said...

Love that big 'ole mug! awesome tag!

Helen F. said...

BEAUTIFUL tag, Autumn

Jane said...

Amazing color! I am going to have to try that color combination. It sounds like you have a very busy household. Sometimes my best creativity comes when I 'don't' have something. You rocked this one!

Happy Dance said...

Wow! You stamped that background??!! It's brilliant and gorgeous; I'm in awe of your abilities!!! Love that 'ceramic' mug too. This is a great gc holder. LOVE this. Bev

craftytrog said...

Love those purple and turquoise hues, gorgeous tag!
Alison xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous gift tag Autumn! The colors are lovely and I absolutely love the Nordic background.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your tag and I really love those colours together! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Pawsitively Creative said...

I love coffee (Caramel Macchiato) and I love this tag! Wowzers on the background and you have added some many wonderful details for the gift card! Awesome sauce design! Instead of 5 stars, I give you 5 coffees for this stunning make! Hehe! Hugz ~Niki

Mimi said...

Love the colors! Chipped Sapphire stain is strange... I've also found that it is more purple than I like sometimes, yet the paint is a very reliable blue... anyway, wonderful tag!

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous!!

Becca Yahrling said...

Stunning tag - love that gorgeous ribbon, too.

Mandy LaCroix said...

Beautiful, beautiful tag! I love everything about it! Esp the colors and that fair isle background!

Words and Pictures said...

Now that's a clever gift tag - and the colours are fabulous, especially the ocean green of the winter knit in the background.
Alison xx

Helen Gullett said...

This is one creative way of giving! That pocket for card is super clever!! Gorgeous :)

sarascloset said...

Beautiful colors to contrast with that embossed knit. Love the idea of making this into a gift card holder...very clever! Just another gorgeous make, Autumn! I'm enjoying my afternoon with you on your blog! Hugs!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

FABULOUS!!! I'm absolutely gaga over this tag, April. EVERYTHING about it is amazing - the colors, that gorgeous white embossed Nordic pattern and the mug is absolutely brilliant! Really, this is just too cool!

Hugs,
Linda

maria f. said...

So much goodness to peruse on your blog, but this symphony in blue definitely caught my eye. And it's such a fantastic design to hold that gift card.

Popular Posts